I’ve been neglecting my blog for too long and this year, I am determined to go back to regular posting! Today, I have an updated Winter skincare routine that finally works great with my skin. I usually have an all-over oily face but that changed dramatically around 3 months ago. I started experiencing extremely dry patches around my mouth, apples of my cheeks, and the area right under my chin. The skin would be flaky, white, and really noticeable. It was also difficult to find a face lotion that could control the flakiness underneath my makeup but wouldn’t be an oily base. Lo and behold, I found something that completely eliminated my dry spots and also took care of the parts of my face that are oily.
If I am wearing makeup that day, I would first take it off with a makeup remover.
- Laneige Lip & Eye Remover | I have been loving this makeup remover! It is specifically for the eyes and lips but sometimes I just use it all over my face. It is a mild solution and can be for all skin types, which was perfect for my oily combo situation.
I then cleanse with:
- Alba Botanica Gentle Acne Face Wash | I have been using this product for almost a year now and it is a solid acne face wash. I like it because it is composed of natural ingredients and does not have any unnecessary dyes, parabens, or synthetic fragrances. Great for oily or normal skin!
- Pixi Glow Tonic | The Pixi glow tonic was super hyped up in the beauty world and literally everyone was using but me. I finally decided to pick it up at the drugstore and I love it! I use it twice daily and noticed a tremendous difference in the brightness of my skin. It’s a process but my boyfriend, Sean, was started to comment on how clear my face was starting to look.
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads Toner | Another great toner for oily combination sensitive skin. I started using First Aid products a few months ago and I enjoy how their products focus on sensitive skin. It didn’t dry out my dry patches but did an excellent job with the oily parts of my face.
Face Masks (used only once or twice a week):
- Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask | An all natural calcium bentonite clay powder face mask that is only around $6 or $7 for a huge tub that could last years. This stuff tightens and pulsates your skin and draws out any impurities from your skin. It seems to work great with my sensitive skin and I use it a maximum of twice weekly.
- I.P.I Lightmax Moisturizing Sheet Masks | Sheet masks are an awesome way to bring moisture back into the skin, especially after cleansing. The particular sheet masks I use target brightening and moisturizing of the skin. I leave them on my face for up to 20-30 minutes and do this biweekly.
- First Aid Beauty Face/Body Ultra Repair Cream | This is basically the main reason why I don’t have any dry, flaky patches around my face. I love how you can use it for both your body and face. Again, an excellent product for sensitive skin as it is unscented and paraben, chemical-free. It’s lovely on the skin and dries without an oily residue. I noticed a difference in only a few days!
- Simple Face Moisturizer with SPF | A classic and staple item in my daily face regimen. I have been using this for some time now and it has helped so much on the areas of my skin that are oily since it is such a light face lotion. The SPF is another bonus!
With the help of these few but mighty products, it’s safe to say that my oily, dry combination skin has been tamed! Never have I ever experienced dry patches before and I am happy that I was able to find products that revitalized my skin. If anyone else have used these products before, feel free to share your experiences.
I really hope this can help any gals (or men!) out there who was having the same issue as me.
xx | paige