Woo wee, it’s been a while. I haven’t posted in almost a month which is crazy because I used to post multiple times a week. I actually got a new job so I’ve been busy adjusting and pretty much trying to organize my life. Nonetheless, I am back and I have a review on the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm today. I know boys and gals, I’m super late on trying this heavenly product but I finally got it and I love it.
Price & Packaging
- $29 at Ulta for a 3.8 oz acrylic/plastic container.
- It is a balm so you have to use clean fingers to pick up the product. Some prefer the oil version of this but I actually did try that before and it didn’t work as well for some reason.
Consistency, Scent, Efficacy
- You apply it on dry skin as a solid balm and it dissolves into a nice oil consistency as you massage it around your face.
- Absolutely no scent.
- Literally takes off ALL makeup. Waterproof makeup, makeup with sunscreen, long-lasting makeup, etc…
- I love how there is no scent.
- It is perfect for sensitive skin. I massage it gently around my eyes and it never stings my eyeballs.
- Non-drying and non-greasy formula.
- The price is good for what you get. I don’t wear makeup every day so I can see myself using this tub for quite some time.
- Gently emulsifies all makeup with no tugging or scrubbing of the skin. (BIG PRO.)
- Some people don’t like the balm consistency since you do need to dip your fingers in every time. Like I mentioned above, they do have a cleansing oil with the same exact formula if you want something easier.
All in all, where has this product been all my life?! Literally all over the beauty world and social media haha. I’m so glad I finally decided to purchase one. This is the ONLY makeup cleanser I use now. No more cotton rounds or makeup wipes for meeeeee. Please like or comment if you love this product or if this post makes you want it 😉
Btw, I am determined to post more often!