Today, I shall be sharing with you my updated night time routine; not just my beauty/skin care regime but also what I do to prepare myself for bed time 🙂
- Fresh Face | The first thing I do after I eat dinner and start getting ready for bed is taking off all my makeup. All the girls out there will agree that this is one of the most satisfying feelings! I use an oil based make up remover with some cotton rounds, followed up with a natural face wash, and then a light pat of the Simple Micellar water just to ensure a fresh, clean face.
- Shower | I shower/bathe in the evening since I work at a laboratory and work out during the day so I like to be squeaky clean when it’s time to get into bed. I’ve been using the Matrix Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner set. Smells fresh and moisturizes my hair. For body wash, I enjoy St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea wash; it’s cheap, natural, and helps with dry skin.
- Get Comfy | I LOVE getting into my pajamas after a long day. I like wearing loose things for sleep; I never wear anything tight/fitting.
- Skin Care | On days when I’ve been wearing makeup for a long period of time or just having a stressful day, I put on a mask: it rotates between Lush’s Mask of Magnaminty, Kiehl’s Rare Earth Clay Mask, or Origin’s Charcoal Mask. But most evenings after I floss, brush my teeth, and gargle some mouthwash (yes, I do all three every single night haha), I like to moisturize my face with some hydrating night time cream. I then delicately apply the Kiehl’s Avocado Under-eye cream and finish off with a thick layer of Carmex lip balm.
- Body Care | The weather has been dry in SoCal so I find myself slathering shea butter all over my body before sleepy time. I also like to use the Origins Ginger hand lotion not just for my hands but for my feet as well.
- Relaxation | Finally time to hop into bed!! Yes, my favorite time of the day haha. I usually end up watching a show on Netflix, browsing through the internet, or reading a book. I’ve been trying to stay away from electronics at least 30 minutes before I sleep so I’ve been really into Stephen King’s “Doctor Sleep”. It’s kind of a thriller book so it’s probably not the best to read right before sleep, but I love it haha.
- Good Night | I always keep a glass of water next to me because I ALWAYS wake up dying of thirst. I also have been keeping my windows open at night since it’s been really hot lately. Sleep is one of my favorite things to do (haha) and it is the biggest reason why/how I got rid of my face acne. Therefore, I do keep sleep as one of my priorities! If you any of you have a specific routine like I do, please share! ❤